Lies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

The Almighty
Reaction score
See this article by NPR.
https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018...gs-that-werent

How many times per year does a gun go off in an American school?

We should know. But we don't.

This spring the U.S. Education Department reported that in the 2015-2016 school year, "nearly 240 schools ... reported at least 1 incident involving a school-related shooting." The number is far higher than most other estimates.

But NPR reached out to every one of those schools repeatedly over the course of three months and found that more than two-thirds of these reported incidents never happened. Child Trends, a nonpartisan nonprofit research organization, assisted NPR in analyzing data from the government's Civil Rights Data Collection.

We were able to confirm just 11 reported incidents, either directly with schools or through media reports

11 confirmed. Ones, one to many. There has to be a solution to any gun being able to enter a school. I'm screened when I fly, attend a hockey or football game. Yet schools remain a very large soft target. Signs don't stop people intent on doing bodily harm. To bad the institution that's educates the public can't find a way to secure our children. I know I could come up with workable solutions.

Latest posts

Back