last person to post wins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most expensive place to get gas in Texas. I just paid $2.05
20191207_170512.jpg

Evening all, I'm out cleaning my shop up a bit. Need to bring my 03 chevy dually in for a service, the concrete guy I work for wants to buy it. That will be good for me so then I can buy a 4x4 work truck that I could put a plow on.

Barrie I need your help. 03 Chevy 3500 6.0 gas. Year and a half ago I drove it from California to idaho towing with no issues except a Christmas tree on the dash of lights, check engine for MAF and O2 sensors. And the abs light on. Also the rear brakes aren't working which explains the abs light. When I got it home just before I parked it it dumped coolant like the water pump went out which is what I figured. Fast forward to now, it's been sitting this whole time. I put a battery in it and filled the coolant. It's been warming up now for about 30 minutes, heater is blowing hot and not a drop of water has come out. This baffles me. I know the truck didnt fix itself. What else could cause coolant loss

Barrie I need your help. 03 Chevy 3500 6.0 gas. Year and a half ago I drove it from California to idaho towing with no issues except a Christmas tree on the dash of lights, check engine for MAF and O2 sensors. And the abs light on. Also the rear brakes aren't working which explains the abs light. When I got it home just before I parked it it dumped coolant like the water pump went out which is what I figured. Fast forward to now, it's been sitting this whole time. I put a battery in it and filled the coolant. It's been warming up now for about 30 minutes, heater is blowing hot and not a drop of water has come out. This baffles me. I know the truck didnt fix itself. What else could cause coolant loss

It was either over filled with coolant,(coolant bottle filled to the top), bad thermostat but that should have showed up earlier in the trip, or worst case you have a bad head gasket or cracked head. Is it blowing coolant back into the bottle after you shut it off?

Also did you check the water pump for play in the bearing?

Last edited:
It was either over filled with coolant,(coolant bottle filled to the top), bad thermostat but that should have showed up earlier in the trip, or worst case you have a bad head gasket or cracked head. Is it blowing coolant back into the bottle after you shut it off?
Nothing going back in after shutdown. I've owned the truck for many years and this is the only time I've ever had to add coolant. Motor sounds great and runs strong. I might drive it for the week and see if anything pops up. I should have looked at it closer when it puked last year. Wondering if the thermostat had been stuck shut that day. I want to say it was the day or two after my trip up here when I went to move it that it did it

Latest posts

Back